In this joint collaboration with Nuria Oliver for The Conversation, we explain our work in the Data Science group in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemics, covering the following areas.
- Our work during these almost 2 years has been structured along four main lines:
- Modeling human mobility on a large scale.
- Computational epidemiological models.
- Predictive models of hospital and ICU occupancy.
- Citizen science through a citizen macro-survey called covid-19 impact survey. With more than 700,000 responses, it is one of the largest in the world. It has allowed us to understand the impact of the pandemic on people’s lives.
We also speak about about our participation in the $500k Pandemic Response Challenge sponsored by Cognizant in which we won the first prize.
Here, you can find a link to the publication Venciendo a la pandemia con inteligencia artificial.