I am interested in the mathematical modeling and data analysis of problems from any discipline, from physics or engineering, as well as from the social and life sciences. We find especially attractive those problems that allow them to be studied from the point of view of complex networks, graph theory, and applied mathematical analysis.
(1) Analysis and Applied Mathematics. I am also interested in studying Linear Dynamics, Algebraic properties in linear spaces, and fractional calculus modelling. I am collaborating with M. Murillo-Arcila, A. Peris, and C. Lizama (GAFEVOL).
(2) Biomedical data science. I am currently collaborating with the BDSLab (ITACA) on the following topics: Glioblastoma Modelling, Design of apps for collecting patient information to feed predictive models, and data quality of medical records repositories.
(3) Diffusion processes and nonlinear phenomena in optics. I am interested in studying anomalous diffusion processes via machine learning. I am currently working on the regime change point detection of the process that involves. I am also interested in studying Fractional Calculus Modelling of such processes. I am collaborating with M.A. García March and C. Milián.
(7) Complex Networks Modelling. I am interested in applications to any discipline in network communications, image processing, linguistics, and many more. I am also working in data visualization of Science Maps in collaboration with E. Orduña and M. Rebollo.
(8) Modelling in Industrial Engineering. I work in signal processing for the detection of failures in electrical machines & energy efficiency problems with Jose A. Antonino (Instituto Tecnología Energética).
(5) Mathematical Foundations of Quantum Computing. I am analyzing the structure and behavior of optimization algorithms that, in their configuration, use tensor products and their connections with Quantum Computing. I collaborate with Antonio Falcó (ESI Chair at Universidad Cardenal Herrera).
(6) Data Science for Common and Social Good. I am a proud member of the Data Science against COVID-19 Task Force, led by Nuria Oliver (Ellis Alicante). We have specialized in outbreak modeling and predicting the evolution of COVID-19 pandemics via Recurrent Neural Networks.
I am the editor of the following indexed journals:
- AIMS Mathematics (ISSN 2473-6988) AIMS Mathematics is Open Access and an international monthly publication devoted to publishing peer-reviewed, high-quality, research articles in all major fields of mathematics.
- Open Mathematics (ISSN: 2391-5455) is a fully peer-reviewed, open access, electronic journal that publishes significant, original, and relevant works in all areas of mathematics.
- Mathematics (ISSN 2227-7390) provides an advanced forum for studies related to mathematics. It is published quarterly online by MDPI.
I have also served as academic editor of PLoS ONE during the period (2016-2021).
I am a member of the following research networks: